What’s Up PlayStation Nation,
Today via the PS Blog and Capcom Unity details have been revealed for PSX and Capcom Cup Attendee’s. First and foremost it should be mentioned that the this year’s capcom cup awards the winners have over $370,000 to look forward to in this years Capcom Cup prize pool. And this will be the first time in years that the Capcom Cup will span over 3 days. Friday through Sunday. The first two days of the event take place at the Hilton Anaheim Hotel which is right next door to PlayStation Experience which is at the Anaheim Convention Center. As reported via the PS Blog:
Day one features the first ever Capcom Cup 2017 Last Chance Qualifier, where one player will qualify for the final spot in Capcom Cup. The 32 players will then compete on day two to make the Top 8.
The eight finalists will compete in the Capcom Cup Finals on day three at PlayStation Experience at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Thanks to the fans’ support of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC initiative, the contribution to Capcom Cup’s prize pool exceeded over $120,000. With a base prize pool of $250,000, the total prize pool for Capcom Cup 2017 is over $370,000.
Not only will the players be competing for the massive cash prize, the winner will get their name engraved on the base of the Capcom Cup trophy, which is on display at Capcom USA HQ and only brought out each year for Capcom Cup.
You’ll also want to make sure to tune in as we will have some special announcements during Capcom Cup Finals!
Everything You Need to Know About Capcom Cup 2017
- Friday, December 8, 2017, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, December 9, 2017, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday, December 10, 2017, 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday are at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel (open to everyone)
- Sunday Finals are at PlayStation Experience at the Anaheim Convention Center (PSX badge required)
- Friday and Saturday spectator admission is free.
- Last Chance Qualifier online entry is $20 through December 6.
- On-site registration is available on December 7 for $40.00.
- Visit the Capcom Cup Last Chance Qualifier Smash.gg page for more information.
How to watch
What do you think of this year’s Capcom scheduling and presentation? Will you be attending the event? Are you attending the entire 3 days of the event. Comment below and let us know. For news like this and more make sure to keep us bookmarked and check back with us here at What’s Up PlayStation.