What’s Up PlayStation Nation,
Uncharted 4 has received an enormous amount of support in the UC4 multiplayer community with over 1.8 million users playing the multiplayer, Naughty Dog has made revisions in efforts to simplify and refresh the multiplayer also while adding in a few new special rewards and features. Here’s the trailer & rundown below:
Lost Treasures is our first post-launch content drop, and includes our first map release, new gameplay items, and amazing-looking character skins.
Sunken Ruins Map
As promised, all DLC Maps are included with purchase in U4 MP, and our first map is Sunken Ruins. You may recognize some areas from the single-player campaign, but the Sunken Ruins map is a small, fast-paced map with tight fronts and some hidden water flank routes.
You can now purchase DLC Gameplay Chests with Relics. These unique Chests will grant you all the new gameplay DLC items, including the new P90 Long Gun or the incredibly exciting Path of Indra Mystical that allows you to teleport your teammates. You will never get duplicates of any item you have already unlocked through our DLC Gameplay Chests.
The full list of new gameplay items is:
- P90 – A full auto sub-machine gun with a very large magazine
- Arrowhead A3c – A full auto long range variable rifle (choose to scope in or not)
- Enforcer G26 – Semi-auto very fast rate of fire pistol
- Agarwal .40 – Semi-auto hard-hitting 40-caliber pistol
- Harbinger Sniper – A Heavy Weapon sniper gun
- Enhanced Radar – increases the range of radar and show directional arrows for enemies
- Gunslinger – swap weapons faster and reload faster while rolling
- Hardened – reduced damage wobble
- Gifting – give allies a full gear recharge
- Path of Indra – teleport to any ally
In addition to new gameplay items, we have also introduced a wide variety of Vanity items for all our beloved characters.
- Over 50 new Skins and Pre-Sets
- Over 70 new Hat and Face Wear items
- An assortment of new Taunts and Weapon Skins
Some of the new items (there is a new skin for each character for example) present certain characters in in some fantastic Pirate and Military themes – who doesn’t want to play as Pirate Sullivan or Military Lazarevic? Our Character team put in a ton of time and love working on all these new Skins and it shows.
One of the most significant pieces of feedback we’ve received was that Uncharted 4 Multiplayer did not release with a Level System. We’re glad to say that we are addressing this in 1.08, which introduces a system that many of you will be familiar with. Our Level System features 70 levels, with each level awarding you with items ranging from Relics to Chests. Every 5 levels you will earn a vanity item that cannot be attained through any other method. They are unique and a great way to show off your veteran status. They are quite mystical, actually…
You will level up by earning XP which comes from three sources: completing matches, earning score, and earning medals. We have also introduced a wide variety of new medals into Team Deathmatch and Ranked Team Deathmatch.
Ranked Team Deathmatch
The Multiplayer team at Naughty Dog is extremely competitive and this is a big reason we did a full revamp for Ranked Team Deathmatch Mode, which is also included in 1.08.
Ranked Team Deathmatch will now be occurring over the course of Seasons. Season One will last 60 days, ending on August 20, 2016. When the Season is over, we’ll take a short break before the next Season starts to allow us time to make and implement any changes and updates.
As you reach Gold, Platinum or Diamond, you will be awarded with a vanity item. These vanity items will be available for Ranked Team Deathmatch for the Season, so if you do not reach the needed Rank for a reward, you may never be able to get that reward again.
We have also made Rank a much easier system to understand in how points are awarded/taken, removed the restrictions for parties, and introduced a forfeit option. This patch will also introduce an entirely new goal for the highly competitive players among you – Master Rank.
I highly suggest you visit our Ranked Team Deathmatch details page for some more insight into how this mode works – we think it’s awesome and everyone should be playing it!
Triple Pack Update
For those of you who purchased the Triple Pack, Multiplayer Pack 1 of the Triple Pack is available today. Your items can be found unlocked in the customization and loadout menus.
The Triple Pack contains:
- P90 Long Gun
- Gifting Booster
- Pirate Drake Skin
- Pirate Commodore Hat
- The Rubber Leg Taunt
We will continue to hand pick content for inclusion in the Triple Pack for those who have already purchased it or those who purchase the Digital Deluxe version. The Triple Pack was a great launch offering, but we’ll soon be offering the Explorer’s Pack which includes the much anticipated single-player DLC and 3,200 Uncharted Points. This will provide players with even greater choice on which items they prefer to own. You’ll start seeing this roll out in the coming weeks.
In addition to all the above updates, we have made a number of more minor improvements that work together to make Uncharted 4 Multiplayer even better. Check out the full details for 1.08 on the Naughty Dog Patch Notes page.
- The ability for a player to accumulate an offline Relic bonus; log back in and play games to pull Relics from your offline bonus
- Leaderboards have been fixed
- The Brute Sidekick can no longer detect players behind them unless they are damaged
- Spirit of the Djinn – Increase Duration mod will now grant you an additional 5 seconds for each KO you get while your Djinn is active
- The Farmer Booster has been totally revamped so you can deal with Sidekicks more effectively
- Damage wobble and blind-fire have had significant balance updates
What do you think of the improvements? Comment below let us know and for more PlayStation related news and updates keep it bookmarked here at #WhatsUpPlayStation
Source: PlayStation Blog