What’s Up PlayStation Nation,
We all love deals and gaming well today we have a quick tidbit of info for those coin savers out there. As of now via CDKeys.com there is a deal for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for under 5 bucks. This is a great deal if you haven’t had a chance to take advantage of the previous deal that was presented with Uncharted: Lost Legacy pre-orders. Or for those of you who have may have purchased Uncharted 4’s Triple Play Pack and weren’t able to take advantage of the pre-order bonus. This isn’t free but it’s close enough! You can check out the link below when you click on the picture to be directed to the deal! However this is one catch! This is for the UK PSN. But if you’re an avid PlayStation fan you can easily create a UK PSN and use this for your US PSN if you’re not a resident across the Atlantic. Anyway more on how to create a UK PSN in this article later:
With that being said it’s a great deal and it’s definitely a title I missed out on in my early PS2 days. (Mainly due to my love of the Devil May Cry Games in my PS2 days.) At any rate. This is a great way to catch up on a bit of Naughty Dog / PlayStation gaming history and experience one of the most critically acclaimed games of the PS2’s consoles run. With that being said here’s how you can make a UK PSN account and take advantage of some region free gaming on your PS4 console.
What you’ll need before you begin: a real email address you already aren’t using with a PSN account and a valid address in the particular region.
- Visit the PlayStation Store via web browser
- Click “Create account” and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Choose country in your region.
- Fill in your date of birth.
- Fill in the requested city and zip code information. This is where google is your friend as you can easily look up an address in that region you’re aiming to create your PSN in.
- Fill in a real email address and create a new password. Before you can redeem codes or make purchases in the PSN Store, you will have to verify the email address from your email account.
- Create a brand new PSN ID and a name.
- Go through the privacy settings and make any changes necessary.
- Accept the Terms of Service.
- Log in to your PS4 with the associated account in the region.
- Buy a PlayStation Plus membership or skip it. (Play Asia and CD Keys are your friends)
- Activate this system as your primary PS4. If you don’t, you won’t be able to play your new region games on your local PSN account.
- Verify your email.
- Go to the PS Store and have fun!
Best part? You can switch over to your main PSN ID and play your new region games On your main account. This is saves and trophies from one account in one place and if you’re a trophy whore (like myself) you can stack your trophies of certain games if you’re looking for easy platinums.
Video Courtesy of WUPS’s own @thesarge0079.
With that being said, do you think this is a good deal? Have you played Jak and Daxter on the PS2 or will this be your first time playing. What other games would you like to see to see return the PS4 from the PS2 era. Comment below and let us know. For this and more make sure to keep us bookmarked. And most importantly check back with us here at What’s Up PlayStation.