What’s up PlayStation Nation,
As many of us know there per the last few years the PS4 has been keeping consistent with it’s firmware update beta’s. PS4 is continuing that trend with some detail’s being leaked. Although this is a leak and details could by all means not be final. Here’s a bit of info of what’s to be apart of the upcoming update as reported via EuroGamer:
Here’s the summary of what’s new:
- PlayStation 4 Pro owners can stream via Twitch in 1080p at 60 frames per second.
- The system’s master and sub account systems has been overhauled. New family accounts an feature multiple adult accounts in a single family, able to act in a parent / guardian role and set parental controls on a per-account basis, allowing each sub account different communications, content-viewing, and spending limit privileges. Request can also be sent to adult accounts on other PlayStation 4’s to join the same family.
- Players can follow any user.
- Notifications have been added to the Quick Menu. Uploads and downloads status can also be checked here.
- Push notifications for events.
- Spectator comments on screen while broadcasting in virtual reality mode.
- Broadcasts can be linked to a PlayStation Community.
- Language support for Czech, Thai, Greek, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Romanian and Hungarian.
- Behind-the-scenes support for bundle and compilation discs, with or without add-ons, and discs which support games and add-ons (such as a “Game of the Year Edition”), which do not require developers rework any code.
Opinion: Although these are great ideas and features to be added. These details leave much to be desired for this to be an entire update to the big 5.0 firmware update. However it should be taken into account this is leak which isn’t an official release and may not (hopefully) include all the details for the upcoming firmware beta or even the official release of the official firmware update itself.
But what you do think? What would you like to see for this upcoming update? What features are you still waiting for? Comment below let us know and for more news and all things PlayStation make sure to check back with us here at What’s Up PlayStation.