What’s Up PlayStation Nation,
With the PlayStation Meeting announced and only a few weeks away. It left me thinking about what’s going to be said or revealed at this event. So many rumors, leaks, and questions are leading up to this PlayStation Meeting, however I want to give the PlayStation Nation 5 predictions on the possibilities that might occur during this event.
Without any further ado, here is my 5 predictions that will take place during the PlayStation Meeting.
1. PlayStation Slim/PlayStation Neo revealed
- With the PlayStation 4 (PS4) Slim being leaked recently, I can guarantee it will be shown at the PlayStation meeting. Sony will probably announce two different SKU’s. A 500 GB version and a 1 TB version. I do believe the PS4 Slim will replace the original PS4 as the entry level current PlayStation console.
- However, what about the PS Neo? Which is the creme de la creme of the event. The PS Neo announcement will have a price and/or a released date. Sony has to be very clear on the messaging of this console, trying their best not to confuse gamers on the principles of this device are.
2. The introduction of the new DualShock 4 controllers
- There has been some leaked pics of a new DualShock 4 packaged with the PS4 Slim. Now there is a piece of the light bar on top of the touchpad, which I think is smart because with the light bar there to give players indication on which controller they are using or immersion in games to let you know how your health is situated. Actually seeing that light bar in front of you will further add to that.
- I also feel there will be a new Elite DualShock 4 of some sort, for the more pro-gamer. There have been patent leaks on this controller already circling around the internet, and Sony is yet to unveil it. Will we see it at the PlayStation Meeting? I surely think so.
3. A proper explanation of a PS Plus price hike/Sales
- In recent news Sony increased the PS Plus subscription, but never gave a proper reason on why they did it. I feel they should outright say why there was a 10-dollar increase, and give PlayStation fans better incentives on why they should pay the extra money.
- I think we will see an update on how the PS4 is doing when it comes to sales, how many units they have sold to consumers and what are the current PS Plus activities are looking like.
4. Game(s) Announcement and VR
- Rumors state that RockStar will be at this PlayStation Meeting, and will show the heavily anticipated next iteration to Red Dead franchise. A lot of people would call this rumor/prediction a bit far-fetched, but I hope it really comes true.
- One game wouldn’t be enough to be shown at a PlayStation conference, right guys? We will see an exclusive PS4 game from a first party studio.
- There will also be game demos been shown for the PS Neo. So I expect to see Horizon: Zero Dawn, Days Gone, or God of War shown running on Neo.
- Talks on PSVR benefits on PS Neo. Short but sweet demo of Dreams
- Surprise surprise a Shenmue gameplay reveal.
5. PlayStation Experience Announcement
- If we were to go by last year’s announcement, which took place on August 14th. Sony is about a week late on announcing the PlayStation Experience for 2016. I wonder what is the reason for this delay? Hopefully we will find out during the PlayStation Meeting.
So there you have it my 5 predictions on what I think will be said or announced at the PlayStation Meeting. What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below.
For more gaming news make sure to check back with us here at: “What’s Up PlayStation”.