What’s Up PlayStation Nation,
Street Fighter V is very popular within the Fighting Game Community. And What’s Up PlayStation (#WUPS), would like to be apart of the Street Fighter V community. I would like to inform you all that, What’s Up PlayStation will be hosting our first Street Fighter V tournament, called World Warrior’s. This tournament will be starting at 9pm eastern time on, Friday August 19th and will finish on Sunday August 21st at 11pm eastern time.
So what is required from you? All you need is a copy of Street Fighter V and have a Challonge.com account.(**create an account and sign up here at challonge.com if interested**. All participants will need to check in 2 days prior to the tournament starting date.) Prizes will be given away to viewers during the Tournament.
Are you up for the Challenge?
Here are the full details on the tournament:
Welcome everyone to Street Fighter V WORLD WARRIOR’S TOURNAMENT. This is the first of MANY Tournaments to come. SFV World Warrior’s Tournament will be Double Elimination meaning there will be a Winners and Losers Bracket. Out of the Losers bracket, the winner of that bracket will have the chance to play the Winner of the Winners Bracket in Grand Finals.
First Place of this Tournament will win a 50 dollar psn card and a FIGHTING game of their choice between Guilty Gear XRD Revelator or King Of Fighters 14. Second place will win a 20 dollar psn card. And third place will win a 10 dollar psn card. (Alex, Guile, Ibuki and Balrog can be used during this tournament).
Round 1 and 3 are best out of 3 matches. **Requires 2 wins to win the match**. Semifinals and Finals are best out of 5 matches. **Requires 3 wins to win the match**. In Grand finals first to 5 wins. **Losers in Grand finals will need to win 2 games to reset the bracket.
Rules: (**Subject to change**)
- The Match is over when either player wins the required number of games (Two out of three games for most League Matches)(In Tournament look for rules pertaining to required Games to win)
- Once a player has won the required number of games, the winner of the Match should report the result to this Website or to a Following Admin.
- If there are still Games to be played, the player who lost the Game has the option of switching his/her Character for the next Game.
- The player who won the game does not have the option of switching Characters. He/she must stay with the same Character.
- At some point during the League or Tournament, IF a player may violate either the rules or the rules for a particular game in a tournament. – It is the responsibly of the players in the Match to detect all Match Rule violations and report them to a Admin immediately.
- Players are not allowed to stop a Game in progress- Stopping a Game in progress will result in the forfeit of the round on the part of the person stopping the game.
- The “only time” a player is allowed to stop a Game to report a rule violation is when that violation occurs during the middle of the match is due to ONLINE ISSUES(eg horrible Latency) where players have to choice to reset PS4’s or PC to fix the issue.
- In the event of an “equipment failure“, they player has the option to stop the Game in progress to obtain an replacement.
- If a Game is stopped in progress, the reporting player must “forfeit the current round“.
- New equipment must be immediately available. If replacement equipment cannot be obtained in a timely manner, the player must continue to play on their current equipment or forfeit the Match.
- A player may opt to switch out equipment between Games at no penalty. When this occurs, the player will be given ample time to configure his buttons before the next Game begins.
- When a player advances in the bracket. He is not required to play a replacement.
- Recommended Circumstances for Issuing a Match Forfeiture- Inability to locate the participant at the time of his/her Match(Please don’t miss a match the Admins are willing to working with all Schedules)
- Warnings- The first WARNING violation in and of itself has no effect. However, another Warning violation will almost always also be accompanied by Match Forfeit.( Excessive stalling/misconduct during a Match (e.g. repeatedly “accidentally” picking the wrong character, taking a bathroom break between games in a Match)).
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us. Here on the Website or My Twitter Jay_BariYT.
Stay tuned for more details… Sign up page Click Here